How to get quicker and more explosive is something a lot of athletes are looking for when trying to improve their athleticism.
There are a lot of factors that come into play when you are trying to improve your quickness and explosiveness, but today I am going to share a 5 exercises to help you get quicker right now.
- Sprinting – Sprinting can really help increase your overall speed, quickness, and explosive ability. Quickness is developed through working on short explosive movements like sprinting, so start off doing about 4-6 25 yard sprints with about 2 minutes rest in between each one.
- Side Shuffling – Most sports are not played in just a forward and backward motion (even though that is how most athletes train), so an emphasis should be done on lateral quickness. Short lateral bursts are a great way to become quicker. Start off by doing 4-5 sets of 10 yard shuffles for about 15 second each set of shuffles. Perform these exercises explosively as possible with about 2 minutes of rest in between each set.
- Agility Ladder – Doing drills on the agility latter will really increase your foot speed and quickness. The quicker your feet move, the quicker you move.
- Agility Drills – Any athlete can become quicker by doing agility drills such as 5-10-5 drill. These types of drills work on your agility and quickness while changing direction with proper posture and body alignment.
- Broad Jump – Your nervous system needs to act quickly to generate force forward in a broad jump. This is the same power you need to become an all around quicker athlete.